Overview of Critical Illness Insurance
Critical illness insurance plans are intended to provide health cover against pre-indicated crippling diseases that can be exceptionally costly to treat and generally take long time for recovery. Such ailments can be exceptionally dangerous for people and their families as they result in extended and expensive diagnosis, apart from the inability to work and balance the costs somehow.
Critical illness health insurance plans are intended for the particular motivation behind giving a security net against genuine sicknesses, for example, heart attack, paralysis, cancer, organ transplant, bypass surgery, kidney failure, unconsciousness, stroke and so forth. Typically, critical illness cover depends on fulfilling criteria set by individual insurers.
Who should buy this plan?
Any individual from the age 18 years and above can avail benefit from critical insurance health policies. Most of the candidates over 45 years may need to undergo medical check-up as well. Generally speaking, plans under the medical coverage segment ought to be purchased when you are young and strong, as this specifically influences the premium asked by the insurer.
- Aorta graft surgery – for disease and trauma
- Aplastic anaemia – resulting in permanent symptoms
- Bacterial meningitis – resulting in permanent symptoms
- Benign brain tumour – resulting in permanent symptoms
- Blindness – permanent and irreversible
- Cancer – excluding less advanced cases
- Coma – with permanent symptoms
- Coronary artery bypass grafts – with surgery to divide the breastbone
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease – requiring continuous assistance
- Deafness – permanent and irreversible
- Dementia (including Alzheimer’s disease) before age 65 – resulting in permanent symptoms
- Ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast – with specific treatment (partial payment)
- Heart attack – of specified severity
- Heart valve replacement or repair – with surgery to divide the breastbone
- HIV infection – caught in a specified country from a blood transfusion, a physical assault or work in an eligible occupation
- Kidney failure – requiring dialysis
- Liver failure – end stage
- Loss of independent existence – resulting in permanent symptoms
- Loss of hands or feet – permanent physical severance
- Loss of speech – total, permanent and irreversible
- Lung disease – end stage/respiratory failure – of specified severity
- Major organ transplant
- Motor neurone disease
- Multiple sclerosis – with persisting symptoms
- Open heart surgery – with surgery to divide the breastbone
- Paralysis of limbs – total, permanent and irreversible
- Parkinson’s disease before age 65 – resulting in permanent symptoms
- Primary pulmonary arterial hypertension – resulting in permanent symptoms
- Stroke – with permanent symptoms
- Systemic lupus erythematosus – of specified severity
- Terminal illness
- Third-degree burns – covering 20% of the body’s surface area or 50% of the face’s surface area
- Traumatic head injury – with permanent symptoms
At Liberty, we customize insurance solutions for you as per your needs. Family members can also be covered under a single plan as per policy structures. We design a comprehensive solution for you and your family which is not only beneficial but also cost effective.